City on a Hill is grateful for the many donations of new and used items that help us to accomplish our mission in serving families in Milwaukee. Below are a few guidelines that will help us to use your donations and our time and resources most effectively.
HOW TO DONATE + DROP-OFF AT CITY ON A HILL:
- To schedule a drop-off (at least 24 hours in advance): please contact Jeannie at (414) 931-6670 or email@example.com
- Please drop donations off at 2224 W. Kilbourn Ave.
- Please separate items by category in bags or boxes. (Ex. Books in one box, food in another)
- Furniture and appliance donations must be viewed by City on a Hill staff member prior to drop off.
- All donations must be new or gently used, clean, and work properly.
City on a Hill does not accept or have the current need for the following items:
Used socks or undergarments
Cassette and VHS tapes
Old televisions and VHS players
Adult & children’s clothing
Hand Knit winter wear
If you’d like to donate something that we currently do not accept, please contact one of our partner organizations:
1. Milwaukee Rescue Mission: 414-344-2211
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission; 830 N. 19th St.; Milwaukee, WI 53233.
- Donations are accepted at their Kilbourn Ave. entrance (Kilbourn and 19th Street) Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- There is also a drop-off bin to receive clothing donations located at the True Value Hardware located at 8010 N. 76th Street.
2. Salvation Army: 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825)
- Schedule a pickup at https://satruck.org/donate/choose
- For Drop Off Locations Visit https://satruck.org/DropOff